Thursday, June 01, 2006

Macaroni Bling Bling and Iced out Popsicle Sticks


macaroni-bling
Originally uploaded by jixichick.
This is my entry for the Craftster.org Challenge #12. The rules were to create a craft using at least 3 items from a list of standard craft items. I chose macaroni (pasta), gimp and popsicle sticks. The "chain" is made out of penne shapped pasta that was spray painted with "platinum" metallic spray paint. The cross medallion is made from two popsicle sticks - one was cut in half and trimmed down to make the cross piece and then glued to another full stick. I spray painted it as well. I coated all of the pieces with clear laquer spray because the silver was sort of rubbing off . Then I "iced out" the cross by gluing on rhinestones in different shapes and sizes and added a little silver glitter for extra sparkle. I glued a small piece of pasta to the back of the cross to create a "bail" to hang it on. I strung up all of the penne and the cross onto silver metallic gimp. I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out. I'm sure aspiring rappers everywhere will be scouring the supermarket and craft store shelves to create this original piece of jewelry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home