Thursday, April 27, 2006

And then there were two


We returned from our whirlwind trip to NYC this past Monday evening (more on that later). Our oldest cat, 13 year old Bubba, has been losing weight rapidly over the past few months - going from a hefty 18 pounds down to a skeletal 9 pounds. He was barely eating, sneezing a lot and pooping in the floor everywhere. We had lots of tests done on him to try to find out what was causing it. None of the tests showed any problem ($800 later). The next step would have been more invasive and potentially life threatening tests - and we still may not have answers.

So, when we got back home Monday, Bubba looked really bad. So my husband and I made the decision that it was time to put him out of his misery. I did the deed on Tuesday and took Bubba to the vet and had him put down. I made myself stay with him the whole time, petting him and talking to him. It's the least I could do. It was very sad but I know it was the most humane thing to do at this point. So now we're down to two cats - 9 year old Little (the gray one) and 6 year old Fig (the striped tabby). Here is a photo of Bubba with Fig- he's the big black and white cat. He was a loving and sweet kitty and he'll be sorely missed. RIP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home