Friday, January 05, 2007

Playroom envy

In the new year I'm trying to expand my blogging horizons by posting about things other than just my "creations". My latest obsession is with playrooms. I have a 2 year old and I would love to have the "dream" playroom - you know the ones you see at Pottery Barn Kids - beautifully organized shelves and baskets with no plastic or battery operated toys to be seen (or heard) anywhere??? Today I was shopping with the little one and we went into PBK - he made a beeline to the adorable wooden kitchen. I literally had to tear him away from the cute wooden food, the cute little tea set and the cute little table and chairs. *sigh* - all that money wasted on "throwaway" furniture and cheap plastic toys and my little one would actually rather play in an aesthetically pleasing environment devoid of plastic, batteries or even a TV.
Then there's Anna Maria Horner's post about the playroom/gameroom she recently completed for her children - all I can say is WOW!

So my project du jour is to design and execute a play area down in the basement for the little one. Maybe I'll check out IKEA for shelving options that aren't quite as pricey as PBK. Then there's color - I'm thinking something fun but a little more grown up since the play area will have to share space with our desktop computer and a TV. Hopefully I can stay focused long enough to see it through completion - wish me luck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home